Top News Stories
Wrestling Team Continues to Make Strides
The NCS High School Wrestling team wrapped up a successful first regular season in DII this past weekend in Memphis. The Eagles wrestlers competed against the top 8 teams in the DII West region for a shot to go to the State Duals Tournament in Williamson County. The team fell just short, losing by one match to a tough BGA team. The team finished out their inaugural DII regular season with a 7-2 record against regional opponents.
Highlights of the season include:
- Junior Joseph Curley setting the school record for takedowns in a season with 80 (and counting!)
- Junior Adam Young being ranked in 1st in the state in his weight class.
- The team showing well in the Charlie Bruce Duals in Alabama, placing 3rd in their pool and 5th overall, beating Tate HS out of Florida.
- The team had medalists in all 3 individual tournaments they competed in this season, including Joseph Dyer getting a 7th place finish at the Father Ryan Invitational, widely regarded as the toughest tournament in the area.
- Several 8th graders moved up and contributed to the varsity team this season, with several scoring match-winning pins and being named wrestlers of the week.
The team now focuses its attention on the DII West Region Individual Tournament which will be held at Christian Brothers HS in Memphis next Friday and Saturday (Feb 9th and 10th). The top 4 wrestlers from each weight class will advance on to the State Tournament to be held Feb 15th - 17th at the Williamson County Ag Center.