Dear Middle School Parents and Students,
As you are aware, we have decided to make Thursday, 2/18 and Friday, 2/19 distance learning days for all of our students based on the impending weather. For those who were with us last spring, you will remember the schedule we used at that time for an abbreviated day. We will adopt that schedule for the next two days, and I have attached the schedules for the days below. The teachers have been given some instructions as to how classes are to be conducted. Students need to check their email and Google Classroom to find instructions from their teachers so that they are able to complete the work and receive credit for the day and the assignments. The main source of information will come from Google Classroom. Some teachers will be using live classes, so students need to be sure to log in at the appropriate time using the schedule below. Otherwise, students should use the scheduled time to watch posted instructional videos, complete assignments in Google Classroom, and communicate with your teacher during their office hour. Thursday will be a “B” day, so you will meet with all of your B classes. Friday will be an “A” day.
This email is being sent both to the students and parents. Parents, please make sure that your child checks their NCS student email regularly for the next few days to be sure that they are current for all classroom needs. To further explain enrichment classes, students will attend their normal B day enrichment classes on Thursday and their normal A day enrichment classes on Friday.
Thursday’s Schedule (2/18) - B Day
7:45 - Daily email and video update
8:00-9:00 - B1 classes - Live or Office Hours
9:00-10:00 - B2 classes - Live or Office Hours
10:00-11:00 - B3 classes - Live or Office Hours
11:00-11:30 - Enrichment 2B Class
11:30-12:00 - Enrichment 3B Class
Friday’s Schedule (2/19) - A Day
7:45 - Daily email and video update
8:00-9:00 - A1 classes - Live or Office Hours
9:00-10:00 - A2 classes - Live or Office Hour
10:00-11:00 - A3 classes - Live or Office Hours
11:00-11:30 - Bible
11:30-12:00 - Enrichment 1A Class
- Stay on top of your assignments. Google Classroom is your main place to check, and RenWeb should be checked daily as well.
- Expectations for the use of your Google Chromebook
- The same rules apply to your home for the use of your Chromebook as they would in the classroom.
- Students should wear appropriate clothes for class meetings. Not NCS dress code but modest clothes for those times when classes login for Google Meet.
- NCS Honor Code - Each assignment should be completed individually, just as it would be during school.
Daily attendance is being checked through Google Classroom. If your child gets sick and is unable to complete his/her assignments, please email Mrs. White just as if it were a normal school day.
FACTS Student Login
ParentsWeb Family Portal is our school database that allows parent and student login capability to access your child’s daily assignments, grades, and more online.
- Click on ParentsWeb in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
- From the ParentsWeb Login page click Student.
- Next click on Create New Family Portal Account.
- Enter NCS-TN for District Code and a current email on file with the school. Students should enter their school email.
- Finally, select Create Account.
- You will be emailed login information.
- Go back to ParentsWeb and type in your username and password to log in.
- Technical Support - If students have technical needs, please have them email email@example.com to ensure that they are able to complete all of the tasks required for distance learning. One of our technology department members will contact you to provide support. If you do not have internet at home, please contact the technology department as soon as possible so that they can help provide some ideas.
- LIFE Teachers - Dual Instruction teachers will join all live classes as they meet. They will all be available for individual communication through email and will be in touch with you on the phone if help is needed.
- Counselors and Campus Minister - Our school counselors will also be available for support during the day. They can help with academic questions, college planning, or other needs that you or your child may have.