Fine Arts Mission Statement - To assist students in finding their God given talents and empowering them to use those talents for His glorification.
- Fine Arts courses offered in Drama, Music, and Visual Arts
- Middle School and High School Thespian Troupe
- Approximately eight annual productions/showcases
- International Thespian Society Honors Program
- Students consistently represent NCS in the Middle Tennessee Regional Student Art Exhibition, the Scholastic Art Show at Cheekwood, the Tennessee Governor’s School for the Arts, the Tennessee Art League, and the Renaissance Center Exhibit
- Over $100,000 in scholarships awarded to visual art students
- NCS students have won Regional Emmy Awards, appeared on network television shows, received recording contracts, and worked on major motion pictures
Visual Arts Program - Guides students in a “hands on” discovery of the arts. They will learn that visual art is a universal tool for communication and understanding. Through the producing and studying of art, students will gain a better understanding of God, themselves and others. They will learn to develop thinking and verbal skills through project discussions and critiques. Art helps to form connections between other subjects as well, such as descriptive communication in language, experimentation in science, the awareness of patterns in math and connections to historical times and places.
- Directed by Donna Torrez
- Has been recognized locally and regionally through:
- Middle Tennessee Regional Student Art Exhibition
- Scholastic Art Show at Cheekwood
- Tennessee Governor's School for the Arts
- Tennessee Art League
- Renaissance Center Exhibit
Performing Arts Program emphasizes a quality stage experience, for both the performers and the audience.
- Drama - The Drama program at Nashville Christian is a K-12th grade spectrum of classes and performance opportunities that seek to help students find their God given talents.
- Directed by Nicole Arnold
- Elementary students are exposed to reader’s theater and opportunities to be involved in a Fall musical and a Christmas production.
- Middle school students study the dramatic arts for nine weeks and are introduced to theater vocabulary and history. Improvisation and theater games provide active application of the curriculum.
- High school students study a progressive curriculum that introduces them to the history of theater and its application in entertainment today. Emphasis is given to improvisation and the discovery of character and voice through acting exercises.
- Students in 5th-12th grade also have the opportunity to participate in multiple productions. Recent productions have included: Jungle Book Kids, Winnie the Pooh Kids, Beauty and the Beast Jr. Music Man Jr., Our Town, and Honk Jr.
- Music, and Chorus
- The Performing Arts have also garnished local and regional attention through:
- Presenting 17 Annual productions
- winning Regional Emmy awards,
- appearing on network television shows,
- receiving recording contracts, and
- working on major motion pictures
At Nashville Christian School we encourage our students to DREAM, help them to understand what they BELIEVE, and equip them with the tools they need to DO. Through strategic instruction and Christian examples, student minds and talents are molded and enriched intellectually, spiritually, physically, and artistically. Through Visual and Performing Arts, our students are encouraged to express their creativity and gifts.