Middle school will use Google Classroom as the main hub for assignments. Assignments in Google Classroom and RenWeb will reflect the same information. Students need to check their school email addresses daily.
Middle School Distance Learning Schedule
Tuesday's Schedule: B Day
8:00 AM-9:00 AM - B Block 1 classes - Live or Office Hours
9:00 AM-10:00 AM - B Block 2 classes - Live or Office Hours
10:00 AM-11:00 AM - B Block 3 classes - Live or Office Hours
11:00 AM-12:00 PM - PE and Art
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Time for work, communication with teachers, submitting assignments
- Stay on top of your assignments. Google Classroom is your main place to check, and RenWeb should be checked daily as well.
- Expectations for the use of your Google Chromebook
- The same rules apply to your home for the use of your Chromebook as they would in the classroom.
- Students should wear appropriate clothes for class meetings. Not NCS dress code but modest clothes for those times when classes login for Google Meet.
- NCS Honor Code - Each assignment should be completed individually, just as it would be during school.
Daily attendance is being checked through Google Classroom. If your child gets sick and is unable to complete his/her assignments, please email Mrs. White just as if it were a normal school day.
FACTS Student Login
ParentsWeb Family Portal is our school database that allows parent and student login capability to access your child’s daily assignments, grades, and more online.
- Click on ParentsWeb in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
- From the ParentsWeb Login page click Student.
- Next click on Create New Family Portal Account.
- Enter NCS-TN for District Code and a current email on file with the school. Students should enter their school email.
- Finally, select Create Account.
- You will be emailed login information.
- Go back to ParentsWeb and type in your username and password to log in.
- Technical Support - If students have technical needs, please have them email email@example.com to ensure that they are able to complete all of the tasks required for distance learning. One of our technology department members will contact you to provide support. If you do not have internet at home, please contact the technology department as soon as possible so that they can help provide some ideas.
- Teacher Support Times - All classroom teachers will be online and available for questions from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM. Students may email questions or contact the teacher through Google Classroom.
- LIFE Teachers - Dual Instruction teachers will join all live classes as they meet. They will all be available for individual communication through email and will be in touch with you on the phone if help is needed. Additionally, we have set up some office hours for LIFE teachers to provide additional support. Monday through Friday, LIFE teachers will be online and available from 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM. They will ensure the provision of accommodations for all of our LIFE students.
- Counselors and Campus Minister - Our school counselors will also be available for support at given hours during the day. They can help with academic questions, college planning, or other needs that you or your child may have. We will also continue our planning for next year, and they may contact you by phone to plan your child’s schedule for next year if you have not already done that. Landry Smith will also be available as the Campus Minister to provide guidance in spiritual needs if your child needs some support.
- Announcement Videos - We will also explore means for keeping your students socially connected and continuing their spiritual development. This could include chapel devotional videos, small group videos, school announcement videos or other information as the need arises.
- Washington and Atlanta Middle School Trips - At this time, the trips are still scheduled as planned. NCS administration and Son Tours are continually evaluating the circumstances and will make a call closer to May.